Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another day, another song

...another page, another tear. Writing your savior's death in gory detail and the emotional pain it causes is really a dark place to be mentally.

Since I've lately become extremely interested in Assassin's Creed, I listened to this song while writing. It's the one from the opening intro of Ezio in Masyaf and gives me just the right atmosphere.



I've been watching a playthrough of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, so I haven't gotten to the end. I just know something really sad is coming because people have been talking about it. What does this have to do with my story? Well I decided a few days ago to base Jesus on Altaїr's character--the strength and authoritativeness--(how many scrabble points is that?!) not the killing he does, obviously. So I don't know. For some reason, his character has really gripped me and I'm not sure how I'm going to take the ending emotionally. Silly, right? It's a video game character for pity's sake! If only they didn't look so stinkin' realistic in the cinematic of the game. You know how sometimes you wish a storybook character was real, like Mr. Darcy or Gilbert Blythe? They have actors who personify them, but you know it's just pretend and you can let it go. In this case, the cinematic was so incredibly lifelike that it was like looking at it all in reality. If only I had the ability to do that with my story.

Anyway, I've been writing for about two and a half hours so I had to take a break and get my thoughts out while they were fresh. I'm pretty exhausted mentally, so no more writing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment