Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Making Progress

A few weeks before Christmas I started working on Part 1 again. I figured while it was Christmastime I would write about Marie's Christmas in New England with her aunt. I did write a Christmas chapter last year, but ended up cutting it because it got too much off the beaten track and was practically a story in itself.

I've also been finding some great art to help me see the story more clearly (as I'm a very visual person) and gives me ideas for things to add to it. Here are a few pictures to whet your appetite.

                                            Fiesty Little Thing by ~leonwoon on deviantART

This first one is my idea of Marie, after she has come back from heaven "..For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." - 1 Corinthians 15:52

                                               Lady of the Forest by *daekazu on deviantART 

Also when she comes back.

                                http://danideephoto.deviantart.com/art/Summer-Wine-253813301

She's a very sweet girl, as you can see. ; )

                                                     Passive by ~jeremiasch on deviantART
 Alex in heaven =) 


I've also added two new characters in the last year, another girl and another boy, who are a bit older, like maybe later 20's. I'm still not set on that yet. So it will go something like this:

Part 1 Main Characters: Alex & Marie 
Part 2 Main Characters: Eric & Sarah

In Part 2, Eric and Sarah are dealing with end times stuff and Alex and Marie are up in heaven. Then at some point all four are united on earth in a kind of last battle. Should be really fun. ; )

                                              DMC: DANTE by ~fatalis-unus on deviantART

So this is Eric. It's probably the closest to what I'm thinking of that I've come across so far, except maybe the hair and the clothes (is that a cape?!) Maybe a combination of that and this guy on the right:

                                               On the Other Side by *Lleayhe on deviantART

I kind of prefer the longer hair, so I compromised and went with shorter for Part 1 and longer for Part 2. I figured in Part 2 he's not going to be getting his hair cut since it's THE END OF THE WORLD!! ; ) Oh! And he also looks a lot like Brandon Routh, who I just saw on Chuck last week.


                                                    Li close-up by ~Marhiao on deviantART

The lovely Sarah. I'm not sure about her age just yet. Because the 'kids' Alex & Marie are 20-22 (the first story taking place over the course of 2 years) and Eric being around 27...I just wasn't sure where to place her. Maybe in between like 25? The girl in the picture looks pretty innocent, but Sarah is not innocent at all. She's kind of a bad girl.

So there you go! There are lots of minor characters who I haven't really sketched very well in my mind yet. I can't tell you how much it helps to look at pictures to get an idea of what I want them to look like. Once I looked at enough pictures, I started to know what I wanted once I figured out what I didn't want. Maybe soon I will post some concept pictures of...um...stuff. Probably from Part 2 as well. Finding pictures for Part 1's locations are more difficult. Aaaaand maybe I'll post a bit of the text from Part 1...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment