Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heaven Is In My Heart

We made our second trip to the food bank today. If you've never been, there's no way for me to explain to you how it feels to be in that position. You can only go so long before money starts really running dry--a fact I've done nothing but try to hide from--and today I was forced to face it alongside my mother.

For the last six months I've been living in a dreamworld. Perhaps I got sucked into it just to survive emotionally through a trying time. This story was never an artsy fartsy good time though; it's literally the one place I have left where no matter how bad life is, there's the promise of something much better. Everyone needs something to look forward to and when life yields nothing in the distance, I will look up. I sincerely wish others join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment