Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Star

I was dragged out of bed at 6:30 this morning by a hungry cat. Its typical for me to wake up sometime around sunrise anyway, and I like to get up and soak in the sunset for a few minutes before going back to bed. On this particular day I looked out a window facing west, instead of going out on our front porch. I saw one very bright star, probably a planet judging by the size of it. For some reason my creative juices flow the most right before bed and very early in the morning. I was so inspired by this scene that I had to go write some thoughts down. I had second thoughts about spilling the beans on this, but maybe it will help light that fire in you that I have.

"People say heaven can't be seen from earth, but you didn't know that you could see it all along. Its like a star in the sky; a distant point in space; a light that's so far away, but shines so brightly." 

This actually reminds me of a problem I'm having.Who is going to tell this story? What is the purpose of it from the point of view of the characters? Is it a story to tell people on earth about heaven? It is in reality, but what about in the story? Telling it like a discovered 'book of secrets' would keep the enchantment factor up for sure. I'm not quite certain about it all. It could be told from Nikki's point of view, I suppose. That would be easiest to write because I love writing journals. Obviously--look where you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment