Sunday, January 23, 2011

For such a time as this

Over the last two weeks, I've been watching Glenn Beck's show on Fox News. He's been talking about the power of the individual, how we can solve our own problems, instead of waiting around for the government to do it for us. It inspired me a bit, but I don't really know what I can do to help. I'm an artist, not an engineer. This has made me question the point of the story. If it's just a fantasy piece, am I wasting my time?

These are dark times. I cling to the hope of heaven so much because it really gets me through days when it feels the world itself is despairing. I've been working on this project for eight or nine months so far and in that time I've begun to really long for Christ's return. Tonight I felt it the deepest. After church this morning, someone told me a lady we know is really down, enough to say she'd lost her faith. She's one of the strongest women I know, and at that moment, a cloud came over me. What is happening that everyone is struggling so much? It feels like the sun has indeed gone out.

I think these may be the last days. I know the great depression and the holocaust were extremely bad times, but it seems the world is all in a gradual decline. I don't see how this could not turn into world war 3. I just pray that Jesus returns soon before we all lose hope.

Maybe I'm wrong in saying it's divine providence that I write this story. But maybe I'm supposed to write it because the times are so bad. Maybe that's what my purpose is: a light in the darkness! If everything were peachy, it wouldn't have nearly the impact! More than once since I've started this project have I heard these words, and only now are they sinking in: "...who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” -Esther 4:14

For such a time as this. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment